STEP 1 : Application Forms
1. Log on to International Online Application
2. Choose New Application
3. Complete all required information
4. Choose your program
5. Upload all documents via online (please use jpg or PDF files only)
6. Submit complete information with relevant documents before closing date via online application
STEP 2 : Complete Forms & Documents
Complete the form and attach the following documents :
A. Apply from country of origin (New student)
- Processing fee of RM100.00, payable to "Universiti Teknikal Mara Sdn. Bhd." CIMB Bank account no. 14081204891058. Swift Code : CIBBMYKL
- Academic certificates: High School Certificate / ‘O' Level Certificate or A' Level Certificate or Certificate / Diploma - certificates with transcript / result slip of every semester. (Note: If academic records are in language other than English, an approved translated version must be provided). All certificates must be attested by the Ministry of Higher Education/Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Malaysian Embassy/Consulate.
- Copies of Passport (4 copies), all pages including blank pages. (Please make 2 pages in full A4 size). The passport validity must be more than 2 years from the registration day.
- Color Photograph – 8 pcs.(3.5 cm X 5.0 cm – passport size) with blue background and name written on reverse.
- TOEFL or IELTS Certificate
- No Objection Certificate (NOC)- only applicable for Sub Sahara Countries (Please use UniKL format) - FORM ATTACHED
- Eligibility Letter – only for Nigerian passport holder
- Declaration Letter – if applicable - discrepancy of name on passport & academic transcripts; to be issued by home country Ministry of Education OR by home country Embassy/Consulate.
B. Apply in Malaysia (Transfer student)
All above documents and request for the following documents from recent college/university :
- Release Letter with Attendance report
- Academic Transcript or Certificate of Completion (certified true copies)
- Student Pass cancellation
Please be reminded that :
If student pass VISA is NOT yet EXPIRED :
- The previous student pass need to be shorten or cancelled and obtain the SPECIAL
PASS from the previous university or college
If student pass VISA is EXPIRED :
- Student pass cancelation letter from previous university/college with the verification from the Immigration Department.
STEP 3 : Submission of Application
Submit all documents by courier to : (you have to submit the above documents after completing the online application, the application only will be processed after receiving the completed documents ) :
Marketing & Student Recruitment Division
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
3th Floor,1016 Jalan Sultan Ismail
50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel : +603 2175 4000
Fax : +603 2175 4446
STEP 4 : Offer Letter
Upon receiving the application via online with the application fee and complete documents, UniKL will issue an Offer Letter if the International Student fulfilled the admission requirements and/or pass the interview session. There are two types of offer letters:
- FULL OFFER is for students who fulfill the academic qualifications and have valid English Proficiency Certificate either TOEFL with a minimum score of 500 and/or IELTS with a minimum band of 5.5.
- CONDITIONAL OFFER is for students who fulfill the academic qualifications and are required to sit for the English Placement Test (EPT). If the student does not pass the EPT, he/she needs to enroll in UniKL English Preparatory Program (EPP) before commencing normal academic program. UniKL will only conduct the EPP if there are at least 10 students registered in the course; otherwise the student should enroll in a similar program at another college or institution.
Students, who are unable to sit for the TOEFL/IELTS test or have not achieved the required standard in either test, will be required to sit for the English Placement Test (EPT). Those who pass the EPT will continue straight into the diploma/degree programme offered by the university , while those who have not achieved the required standard will have to undergo a 6 months English Preparatory Programme (EPP).
STEP 5 : Accepting the Offer
International Office will email you the Acceptance Form. To accept the offer, please send the following to UniKL International Office (UIO) :
- Acceptance Form
- Immigration Processing Fees :
PARTICULAR / PROGRAMME
FULL OFFER & CONDITIONAL OFFER LETTER - MYR
| New student pass Processing Fee || |
| Insurance (1 year) || |
| Medical Health Report || |
| Student Pass || |
| Multiple Entry Visa || |
* 0 – 50.00
*Please refer to the country visa rate
All payment should be made by Bank Draft or Telegraphic Transfer to " Universiti Teknikal MARA Sdn. Bhd." CIMB Bank Account no : 1408 1204891 058 .Swift Code: CIBBMYKL.
STEP 6 : Visa Approval Letter VAL
When the student accept the offer and pay the immigration processing fees to UniKL and the university has received the required fees, i.e have been credited into UniKL bank Account via telegraphic Transfer or bank Draft, UniKL International Office will apply for the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) from the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
STEP 7 : Visa Approval Letter VAL
The process for the VAL will take approximately 3-4 weeks and the students will be notified accordingly. Once the VAL has been approved, students are required to pay for the registration and tuition fees. UniKL International Office will courier the Original Visa Approval Letter (VAL) and the Original offer Letter to student after the payment has been credited into UniKL bank Account via telegraphic Transfer .
STEP 8 : Visa Approval Letter VAL
Upon receiving the Visa Approval Letter, student are required to go to the nearest Malaysian Embassy or High Commission to obtain an entry visa before entering Malaysia. It is advisable that you obtain your Visa Approval Letter before entering to study in Malaysia to avoid any issues or problems coming to study in Malaysia.